Well, tomorrow I will be turning twenty-five. For as long as I can remember I’d always love my birthdays and always had plans to celebrate it, but this year I truly have no desire to celebrate it. Maybe it’s left over trauma from my birthday last year, or maybe I’m just over making a big deal out of a day that really is no different from all the other days. In any case, a few weeks back a blogger I follow on Tumblr, The Secret Diary of Jake, posted a list of things he has achieved and stuff he is proud of and I decided I’d do the same. Twenty-five things as I turn twenty-five.
1. One year ago I had my heart broken, and fell into the deepest depression/sadness I’ve ever experienced, but now I am the happiest I’ve ever been.
2. I’ve learned being single doesn’t mean being alone. Learn to appreciate the love you receive from people in your life, even if they aren’t your partner.
3. I am who I am, and I’m happy with it.
4. I don’t need to impress anyone, those who matter will appreciate me for the way I am.
5. I may not have full control of my life, but as long as I put out positivity the universe will happily guide me on the right path.
6. I may not fit perfectly into my family, but they care about me either way.
7. I am not right all the time, and that’s okay.
8. I am happy with my physcial self. I am pretty darn handsome, and I need to tell myself more often.
9. I don’t need to compare myself to others. We are all different, thus no one is better than someone else.
10. I’ve managed to find people in my life that accept and love me. I love my friends!
11. I’ve learned that being negative only leads to more negativity.
12. I’ve learned to not take myself to serious. You can make mistakes, it’ll be okay.
13. You finally gave avocados a chance, and now I love them.
14. I’ve learned to forgive is the only way to move forward. I won’t hold a grudge against anyone. No one is worth me staying in a negative mindset.
15. I’ve learned there is people out there who also feel out of place. Maybe we all feel that way. Doesn’t make us weird, just human.
16. I’ve started a “career” job. I kind of love it.
17. I’ve come out to people in my family, and it was okay.
18. I’ve learned that I do have value and are contributing to others happiness.
19. I’ve learned being happy is so much better than staying in the same bleek mood.
20. I’ve learned I can’t sing but that shouldn’t stop me from singing at the top of my lungs.
21. I shouldn’t beat myself down when things go wrong, it happens. Tomorrow is an opportunity for success.
22. I can love someone and not be with them. Love is a beautiful thing, we shouldn’t try to squash it.
23. I look good when I smile!
24. There is people who will listen and encourage you to be better.
25. I am amazing.